Thursday, April 18, 2013

Ego and Lessons Learned

Some of you may know this but I recently bought an Ebook from a fellow IIN classmate. Sadly, I found it was poorly written and contained man simple spelling and grammar  errors. I contacted the author who, at first, claimed to not know about the errors. She sent it back to her editor and sent me a 'revised' copy. That copy contained the same errors. I requested my money back and she has continued to argue with me over it.

I would hope that, if I was faced with the same situation, that I would handle it differently. Not only do I have many years working in customer service, I have the integrity to say "I'm sorry you're unhappy, what can I do to fix this?" If it couldn't be fixed, I would be more than happy to refund the purchase.

So here's the thing. Would you put ego in front of personal integrity? Would you let it go and consider it a lesson learned? I feel that your personal integrity is incredibly important. It tells people that you can be trusted. It's also part of your Karma. Treat people well, do the right thing, and you will get the same treatment. Don't forget to stand up for what is right and wrong, though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment